You’ve been duped.
You were taught to hate yourself. You were taught to consume things that would one day make you someone you liked. “Enough of this, a little of that, some more here” and a couple hundred thousand later, then you can like you. The truth is; you will never be able to hate yourself into a version of yourself you’ll one day love. See how they tricked you? Clever huh?
Who Is The One Doing The Disliking?
Now, it’s pretty clear to see that you dislike yourself, you probably even have a nice list of things that need changing, and fast! However, I want to encourage you to take a look at the one doing the disliking. Who’s approval are you seeking when you said I dislike myself?
Well, who’s I and who’s myself? I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but you’ve been split, there seems to be two of you. So it is fundamental for your peace and happiness that you discriminate between these two; I and myself. I welcome you to try this exercise;
- Take two sheets of paper and a writing utensil
- On sheet one, title it “Things I don’t like about myself”. Then proceed to write 5-10 really emotionally involved answers with a reason why you dislike them. **Be cautious to stay within 5-10 otherwise you may fill an entire notebook 😉
- On sheet two, title it “Things I am grateful for”. Again, come up with 5-10 answers and write why you are grateful for them.
- Next, take sheet two (Gratitude List), and see if you can call upon the part of “yourself” that will be able to find a reason to hate and dislike each thing you are grateful for. As you do this, notice “who” arises in yourself.
- Lastly, take sheet one (Dislikes) and call upon the higher part of yourself [YOU] and find a reason to love each thing you dislike about yourself.
That’s it. There’s no need to go into anymore depth within this topic. Love is the truth, it is simple and beautiful. You will always have a piece of your mind that evaluates, judges and discriminates. It is very good for survival. Without it, we’d easily mistaken poisonous plants, people and circumstances for healthy ones.
The trick to loving yourself, is to love where you hate. Shine light on the darkness of your ego. When you live through the mind, when you believe YOU are your mind, you will always dislike, judge, hate and be generally restless. The closer you get to your heart, the closer you are to spirit, the untouched, infinite, neither here nor there, true YOU.
Write me a note, ask me a question, leave some love!